Above Ground Garage Unit
Storm Defense Shelters in Benton, Kansas is proud to present their Above Ground Garage Shelter which we can install anywhere in the state of Kansas. This life-saving shelter is engineered and tested to meet the highest quality and safety standards at a competitive price. You can rest assured of your family’s or employees’ protection when danger threatens.
Kansas certainly has its share of severe weather including tornados and straight wind. Preparation is the key to safety and our Above Ground Garage Storm Shelter can keep you safe from severe weather and home invasions. We can easily deliver and install them quickly for immediate readiness. We can also work with your builder on installation in a new home.
The Above Ground Garage Storm Shelter is available in a variety of sizes to hold 3-16 people. They are completely powder-coated on both the inside and outside of the unit. It is anchored with a Hilti Anchoring System granting full protection for you, your loved ones, pets and valuables.
- Meets/Exceeds FEMA 321, 360, and ICC 500 protocols including impact testing, design pressure testing and uniform load structural pressure testing
- 1/4″ Exterior Skin Steel Plate reinforced with a 1.5″ x 3.25″ x 1/4″ C channel subframe
- Hilti Anchoring System with 5/8” anchors
- Lockable door handle with 4-point dead bolt system
- 1/4” Precision laser cut ADA compliant door with 1.5” x 3.25” x 1/4” C channel reinforcement with 4 heavy duty hinges
- Door can open to the inside or outside, and can be placed on any side of the shelter
- Bulletproof Window
- Full ventilation