Meets/Exceeds FEMA 321, 360, and ICC 500 protocols including impact testing, design pressure testing and uniform load structural pressure testing
Underground Garage Unit
Convenience is the key when it comes to safety during a storm. Our below ground tornado shelters are unique because they can be installed in your garage and don’t require the use of valuable square footage. Also, TornadoSafe shelters are out of the weather and out of harm’s way. Installation typically takes between 4-8 hrs depending on the size.
Above Ground Garage Unit
Our above ground tornado shelters are engineered, tested and meet the highest quality standards at a competitive price. They come in a variety of sizes ranging from a 3 person to a 16 person unit and are fully powdercoated inside and out.
Above Ground Bolt Together Garage Unit
Our above ground bolt together tornado shelters are engineered, tested and meet the highest quality standards at a competitive price. They come in a variety of sizes ranging from a 5 person to a 10 person unit and are fully powdercoated inside and out.
Storm Shelter Bed
The Vortex Vault Shelter Bed has been certified by the Texas Tech Wind Institute with an EF5 rating. The video includes the testing completed by Texas Tech. Wind scientists at Texas Tech’s National Wind Institute pioneered work in above ground storm shelters. Beginning in 1974, researchers developed the first “safe rooms” that could be built into a closet. Texas Tech’s shelter work led to the development of specific criteria for constructing above ground shelters that are endorsed by FEMA. Texas Tech also was instrumental in the formation of the National Storm Shelter Association to ensure the highest quality storm shelters to protect people against tornadoes and hurricanes.
- All shelters have been and will be certified by Texas wind institute for the EF5 rating.
- All designs are Patent Pending.
- Shelter operated by 12V DC Battery to provide power when electricity is off, Battery will be charged by a 120V AC Charger.
- USB Charging plugins.
- Shelter doors can be opened in the up or down position to provide quick access for storage or emergency.
- King, Queen, Full, and Twin size shelters will be offered as standard products. Custom sizes/styles will be available upon request.
- Down Position Height: 19”. Up position Height: 57”.
- Heights can be modified upon request.
- Raise and lower time is roughly 1 minute 20 seconds. Faster times will be available for raising the shelter in the near future.
- Installation time will be roughly 3 hours for a 2 man crew.
- Units can be completely assembled on site and carried in 1 piece at a time to allow installation where typical units cannot go.
- Optional 120 V AC plugins and USB plugins.
- Optional HVAC Duct hook up to provide cool air from home cooling unit.
- Optional fan to provide fresh external air.
- Optional Fire Board to provide fire protection for valuables during a house fire.
- Optional Safe lock to provide increased security for valuables.
- Optional Gun Racks, Document and valuables storage compartments.
- Optional Panic button to be tied into home alarm system.
- Optional bullet resistant plate and fully welded design to provide increased security.
- Optional cabinets, drawers, countertops, table tops, etc. can be custom designed and installed on top of the shelter.
- Custom designs for kitchen islands, dining room tables, conference room tables, etc available upon request.
- All standard colors are available, custom colors, wood finishing, vinyl stickers will be available.