Underground Garage Unit
Our Kansas Underground Garage Unit offers below ground safety during the strongest storm. It is installed right in your own garage where it is easy to access yet doesnâ€™t use your valuable indoor space. You never have to go outside into the path of the storm to get to your shelter.
Our Underground shelter meets or exceeds FEMA requirements for impact, design pressure uniform load structure pressure. Installation can usually be accomplished in 4-8 hours, dependent upon the size you choose. The small size fits 7 people; medium will hold 11; and the large and super jumbo will accommodate 13 people.
We have a Lifetime non-transferable warranty against leaking and floating. This incredible shelter will keep you and your loved ones safe with its heavy steel construction from Â¼ inch steel plate lid while the entire shelter is welded inside, outside and encapsulated with ShelterShield.â„¢
Our Kansas Underground Garage Shelter features removable 6â€³ metal steps and metal benches that are also encapsulated with our non-slip coating ShelterShield.â„¢ It has a store away handrail which grants safe entry and exit.Â This unit also has an emergency secondary hatch opening.
Contact us at Storm Defense Shelters in Benton, Kansas for more information or to get a quote on our Kansas Underground Garage Unit.
- Meets/Exceeds FEMA 320, 361, and ICC 500 protocols including impact testing, design pressure testing and uniform load structural pressure testing
- 1/4â€³ steel plate lid and frame
- 5/16â€ HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) shell encased in concrete
- Seamless, one piece HDPE shell
- NO LEAKS and NO RUST
- Removable 6â€³ HDPE steps and benches
- Includes an emergency secondary opening hatch
- Stow away handrail
- Built-in shelving for storage
- Lifetime transferable warranty against leaking and floating